søndag den 22. maj 2016

Writing tip: Keeping track of tattoos, scars, or distinguishing marks:

Short, but good. Writing a full physical of your character is always a help. But really it’s annoying to have to go back there now and then to check ‘was it his right or left arm the tattoo/scar/whatever were?’
To give an example:
I’ve drawn a sketch of Jake, as he have five tattoos, it’s sometimes difficult to remember where they are, and what the motives are. “But I can’t draw.” You whine with a sad frown, while you read my post. Well, tip for you. Thin piece of paper (no lines, just blank) find a model (male or female matching the description of your character), put the paper on the computer screen and gently draw the figure with a pencil. And then add the tattoos, scars or other distinguishing marks your character has. To make you feel better I can absolutely not draw people. So I used this little tip as well. (I can only draw horses, and Donald Duck figures.)
Most of us have a lot of notes, lists, and stuff to go with our stories, what’s an extra piece of paper? Nothing to me to be honest (Check out my post ‘I need this shit (left) instead of this shit (right) posted March 8th 2016) I’m also so super lucky to have a friend who is absolutely awesome at drawing on computer, and she have made a proper sketch for me. And to be honest, it’s just as easy to open an image file as having a piece of paper instead of reading though a physical description of your character.
Nivi, thank you for providing me with your drawing skills!
That’s it for today. Remember if you have any questions or have a problem you want me to help you with then swing by ‘Get in contact’ and write to me ;)

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar