mandag den 28. marts 2016

Keeping track on previous and future chapters:


Though I have written every word myself, I simply can’t remember everything. I like to have a little ‘reference’ that mentions the key points in a chapter, along with date, day in the story, and place. It helps me a lot along with the plan for future chapters that hold the exact same information. The key points of what I have planned for the chapter, date, day in story, and place. It’s easy to work from, and allows for a certain amount of freedom. Sometimes I have to change, or move the key points, but it’s a great guideline. We all at first write senselessly because we have so many ideas spawning in our mind, but at some point you have to sit down and wonder where you want this to go. What obstacles will they be facing? How do they overcome them (and their fears)? Where will they end? So you have to sit down and plan like you were about to get on a 3 hour, with 4 shifts public transport journey. Remember this is a guideline, you are the master of your little messed up universe you’re creating. You’re basically your characters God! So start acting like it. What will you put them through, and what do you hope they’ll learn? And if you have a scenery or event planned, then you make sure you get your characters there.
The chapters isn’t the only think I keep track of. I also keep track of some utterly minor details as my characters whole wardrobe, so I don’t end up giving one of the characters a blue top/shirt without them having one. Also scratches, cuts and bruises along with distinguishing marks. But I’m addicted to making lists and stuff, so I might overdo it. But you get the point – keep track on the important stuff. 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar