mandag den 28. marts 2016

The wonders of prewriting

Well, I'm feeling generous today. After all it is easter. (Though the only way i celebrate is with chokolate and alcohol :P )
Anyway here you have my second writing tip today :D

The wonders of prewriting:
At first I was utterly scared of this. I would be like ‘if I write the future scenes in my head I’ll pour all my creativity out.’ I was afraid my creativity would be satisfied by writing these future scenes in my story, and that I would never get to write the parts in between these scenes. But one day my head was too full of all these delicious future scenes that I simply had to write them down to get them out of my head. They were filling too much and taking up all my RAM. I couldn’t stop thinking about them, afraid I’d forget them. So I put the pen to the paper. Or actually my fingers to the keys and started typing. Now I have close to 100 pages of prewritten scenes.
And back to my last post Keeping track on previous and future chapters (ealier today). With all this material for future scenes I have to make a plan for when they happen, and how my characters reached those scenes. Simply to get it all braided together to one lovely braid instead of the day after a too wild party hair, with wild bobby pins and stiff leftover hairspray. It all have to fit together on a higher level, and that needs to be planned meticulously. Some scenes must be cast away, some needs to be edited, and some are just on the spot. But the better you know your characters the less are the chances of prewriting scenes that doesn’t fit the story, and needs to be deleted. I suggest you take a look on my post
Character development/evolving: (And apparently my opinion on The Hunger Games. Don’t know where that came from? - posted 24. january) - But both previous writing tips can be found under the tap 'Writing Tips' :) 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar