onsdag den 13. januar 2016

Believe in yourself, but don't be afraid to ask for help

A wise friend of mine showed me this picture when I kept telling her how dissatisfied I was with chapter 1 even after looking through it loads of times. I couldn't get my brain fired up to get the editing progress started on this particular chapter. Normally that's not a problem for me. But as the awesome friend she is, she sat down and started changing what she thought sounded off, moved some words around, added and removed a few sentences too, and that helped loads! Suddenly I was able to start seeing what was wrong with the chapter, and really gave it an overhaul.

Anyway, my point with this post is: Don't be afraid to get other eyes on your project. Fresh eyes can spot what could be wrong, what could be changed, what totally works, and even new possibilities.
When I first told her about the first chapter I would've rated it 3/10. But after her help I got it up to 7/10. So it's definitely an improvement. Keep believing in yourself, and don't be afraid to ask for help.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar