mandag den 18. januar 2016

Good news plus a small writing tip

Good news everyone!
11 months later I'm finally done with book one of The Hunt.
38 chapters, 463 pages, 280,363 words.
It needs to be edited two or three times before I'm completely done, but as I almost just did that (before I wrote the last five chapters) I'll wait with that. Or my good friend Sharona have just looked through the lately written chapters, so I'll look through her corrections and awesome ideas before I put it away and begin on book two.

It's also a good thing to put your story away for a month or two so you can 'forget' it before going through it again.Makes you more prone to catch mistakes, and look slightly more objective on it. I know it can be hard to put it away for so long, and in those 11 months it took to write this one I haven't even put it away for a week. But now I'm done with the writing part and can finally put it aside while I look over my plan for the next book and then write.

If you haven't been though my whole blog (that's not so big right now anyway) and now thinks I'll publish I'll have to disappoint you. I'm perfectionistic, and I plan to write Val and Jake story to the end before showing it to any publishers or agents. I want to be able to go back and correct details and shit as I see fit. I hope you'll continue to follow this project to the end (and more to come, but I can only multitask to a certain extend. Read: write and drinking coffee) I can't work on two book at the time though I'd love to be able to do that.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar