søndag den 21. februar 2016

#Februaryfiction

Here's the february fiction posts I promised to post after I came home.

The rhythm underneath me was even and continuous. Three beats, pause, three beats. Smooth and level. It spread throughout my body, my muscles followed the motions and moved as one. The obstacle towered in front of us. Frightening, but alluring. We neared it. We had to match the strides to the perfect takeoff. Holding back a little, assembling the power. His hind legs sent us up into the air. Ascended to the top, it felt like we were handing timeless in the air. And then the descent towards the ground. We had just cleared the final obstacle in the ring.

I tightened my grip around the handle, but then relaxed and took the proper grip. I took the right stance with my body. My fingers wrapped around the string and drew it back to the anchor point just at the corner of my mouth. My eyes locked on the target, and aimed. With a deep breath I relaxed my fingers, my hand falling back, and my shoulders rotated. It felt like an eternity while I waited for it to reach its target though my eyes barely saw the movement through the air. The arrow flew straight into the deer’s heart.

“Please… kill me.” I begged and sank to my knees. I couldn’t do it myself. He didn’t need any excuse. The blade of the knife sank into my chest. It hurt. He withdrew it and ran. I sank to the floor. While the blood poured out of me I thought of her, and if I might see her again. And if not, it was okay too. Knowing this pain had an end was a relief. I felt cold, but it quickly went away. I will always love you. I let the darkness, the nothingness embrace me. Welcomed it and exhaled.

I pulled the jacket further up as I shuddered. My feet knew where to take me. As I did this every day. It was on purpose. There weren’t any small talk, any playing kids, or even running dogs. If I was lucky there was a cat noticing me, but nothing more than that. The peace, the quiet, it was something I needed. The everyday life demanded so much I just wanted to be left alone. But I couldn’t. They were pulling in me from every side, decisions, responsibilities. It never had an ending. That’s why I walk a lonely road. 

The little creature jumped from to the floor, landed softly. You couldn’t hear it unless it was perfectly quiet. The stinging from the claws kneading through the fabric and the skin. But nothing dared to stop it. The weight shifted as the creature walked around itself. Couldn’t decide where to strike down. It thought the right spot was found, but only a second after it decided that wasn’t it, and continued its restless walking around itself. Still feeling the sharp claws, but also the soft paws. Its legs gave in. My cat finally found a comfortable position on my lap.   

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar